- ISBN: 9781594484001
- ISBN: 1594484007
- ISBN: 9781594489990
- ISBN: 1594489998
- Physical Description: 254 pages : illustrations, map ; 21 cm
- Edition: 1st Riverhead trade pbk. ed.
- Publisher: New York : Riverhead Books, 2009.
|Summary, etc.:|| To this day, America views itself as a Puritan nation, but Vowell investigates what that means - and what it should mean. What was this great political enterprise all about? Who were these people who are considered the philosophical, spiritual, and moral ancestors of our nation? What Vowell discovers is something far different from what their upright shoe-buckles-and-corn reputation might suggest.
- 28 copies at Merrimack Valley Library Consortium. (Show)
- 1 copy at Wilmington Memorial Library.
0 current holds with 30 total copies.
|Location||Call Number / Copy Notes||Collection||Status||Due Date|
|Wilmington Memorial Library||U.S. History 974.088 Vow (Text)||Non-Fiction||Available||-|
Search for related items by subject
New England >
New England > Politics and government > To 1775.
Religion and politics > New England > History > 17th century.
Religion and politics.