- ISBN: 9780062024022 (trade binding)
- ISBN: 0062024027 (trade binding)
- ISBN: 9780062289841 (trade binding)
- ISBN: 0062289845 (trade binding)
- ISBN: 9780062194060 (paperback with bonus material)
- ISBN: 0062194062 (paperback with bonus material)
- ISBN: 9780062084323 (international edition)
- ISBN: 0062084321 (international edition)
- Physical Description: 487 pages ; 22 cm
- Edition: First edition.
- Publisher: New York, NY : Katherine Tegen Books/an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers, 
- Copyright: ©2011
|General Note:|| Sequels: Insurgent and Allegiant--Wikipedia, February 12, 2014.
"Katherine Tegen Books is an imprint of HarperCollins Publishers ; Typography by Joel Tippie."--Title page verso.
|Summary, etc.:|| In Beatrice Prior's dystopian Chicago, society is divided into five factions, each dedicated to the cultivation of a particular virtue -- Candor (the honest), Abnegation (the selfless), Dauntless (the brave), Amity (the peaceful), and Erudite (the intelligent). On an appointed day of every year, all sixteen-year-olds must select the faction to which they will devote the rest of their lives. For Beatrice, the decision is between staying with her family and being who she really is -- she can't have both. So she makes a choice that surprises everyone, including herself. During the highly competitive initiation that follows, Beatrice renames herself Tris and struggles to determine who her friends really are -- and where, exactly, a romance with a sometimes fascinating, sometimes infuriating boy fits into the life she's chosen. But Tris also has a secret, one she's kept hidden from everyone because she's been warned it can mean death. And as she discovers a growing conflict that threatens to unravel her seemingly perfect society, she also learns that her secret might help her save those she loves, or it might destroy her. Debut author Veronica Roth bursts onto the literary scene with the first book in the Divergent series -- dystopian thrillers filled with electrifying decisions, heartbreaking betrayals, stunning consequences, and unexpected romance. - Jacket flap.
Search for related items by subject
Science fiction, American.
Young adult fiction.